Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

Main Task - Shot List

Now that I've completed the Risk Assessment for our selected location, I thought it be a good idea to move onto producing a Shot List. Mr Henton told us a while back about how to produce a Shot List correctly. Knowing this I headed straight for his blog, I then searched his blog to find a post about 'Creating a shot list'. I used this to assist me in producing my Shot List.

I opened up a new Excel sheet and used Henton's step-by-step instructions to form my Shot List. I added in thing's such as:

.Shot Number - Is what it says on the tin, the number of the shot in question.. Each single shot should be labelled with a shot number, this makes it easier for the director to know which shot is to be shot in which order.
.Scene Number - Scene Number is more specific, for example, if you have Shot 1, 2 and 3 in your first scene then they will all be scene number 1. A scene is when the storyline of the shots our the same and the location stay's the same throughout the footage.
.Shot Type - The type of shot being taken can vary and isn't always just one type. Their are hundreds of different types of shots in filming, for example, establishing shot, panning shot, extreme close up just a few to name. When doing a Shot List you have to include each type of shot being used for each shot. To make it easier and less cluttered, film makers abbreviate the Shot Types. I have done this in a similar fashion. As shown in the caption of the Shot List Below.
.Shot Description - The shot description should include a number of things, but at it's most simple the Shot Description should include a brief overview of what will be filmed. To expand upon this go over what you included in the Shot Type and include positioning and entrance spots/exit spots. 

This is everything I have gone over and attempted to include within my shot list, I feel I have been quite successful in my efforts and believe that it has come out looking quite smart as shown below:

Click On The Image To View It Larger

TL = Time Lapse
S = Still
POV = Point of View
ECU = Extreme Close Up
CU = Close Up
PS = Panning Shot
TS = Tracking Shot
TbS = Track Back Shot

I feel that producing this Shot List has put us in a prime position to move onto the next stages of production. With this list we will find it alot easier to go into the theatre and get the shots we need, it also makes sure we don't forget any pieces of footage that we so desperately require. Now that we have completed the Shot List we are ready to start preparing to film our opening. But first of all we must prepare our Filming Schedule, we are currently (13/12/2011) unable to complete this as the manager of the location we wish to use, has told us to get back to her earlier January regarding a time slot in which we can come and film. This means that in the time between then and now we must continue to plan and improve our ideas for the opening, and when the time comes to produce the Film Schedule we will post it upon our blogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment